VISIT THE LUTHIER LABORATORY
“We present the laboratory and reveal the art of violin making through guided tours in Perugia led by the Master Luthier Federico Cesarini.”
The shop offers many ideas to explore:
- Knowledge of tools and methods typical of classical Italian lutherie
- Permanent exhibition of handcrafted instruments
- The role of the luthier in Italian history
- Woods, curiosities about the subject
- The construction of the violin according to the Cremonese Stradivari method
- The secrets of varnishes
- The construction of an electric instrument (guitars / basses), curiosity around the subject.
We also offer other types of activities in collaboration with experts in the field:
- Series of readings organized in one or more meetings, each dedicated to a different musical instrument. The instruments involved will be the lute, the arm lyre, the Neapolitan viola, the organ, the Renaissance guitar, the violin.